science and technology current affairs 2020with all important national / international updates in science and tech and events for the year 2019-2020 for UPSC, States, Civil services, SSC and other competitive examinations of India and States.
Russia launch the first Arktika-M satellite
Arktika-M remote-sensing and emergency communications satellite will gather meteorological data in the polar regions of the Earth. first Arktika-M satellite launch from Baikonur space. Announcement made by the General Director of the Lavochkin aerospace company Vladimir Kolmykov.
Russia announced that it is to launch the country’s first Arktika-M satellite from the Baikonur space center on 9 December 2020. at the end of 2020.
- The Satellites help in studying climate changes in the polar region and it help in detecting resources in the polar region.
- The number one Arktika-M spacecraft which has been developed is undergoing radio-electronic testing.
- The Arctic region resources have been at the centre of controversy and pose potential threats of conflicts between nations. Without the ice, the ocean
- satellite launched using a Soyuz-2.Ib carrier rocket with the Fregat booster.
DRDO developed UV Disinfection Tower
The Defence Research and Development Organization has developed Ultra Violet Disinfection Tower for chemical free and rapid disinfection.
- UV blaster is a UV based area sanitizer designed and developed by Laser Science & Technology Centre (LASTEC), the Delhi based premier laboratory of DRDO with the help of M/s New Age Instruments and Materials Private Limited, Gurugram.
- The UV Blaster can be used for high tech surfaces like electronic equipment, computers, and other gadgets in laboratories and offices that are not suitable for disinfection with chemical methods.
- Device is effective for areas with a large flow of people like airports, shopping malls, metros, hotels, factories, offices, etc…
- For a room of about 12 x 12 feet dimension, the disinfection time is about 10 minutes and 30 minutes for 400 square feet area by positioning the equipment at different places within the room.
New simulation code developed to study Earth’s magnetosphere
Scientists at the Indian Institute of Geomagnetism (IIG) have developed a generalized one-dimensional fluid simulation code that will be capable of studying a wide spectrum of coherent electric field structures in Earth’s magnetosphere or in a near-earth plasma environment.
Why fluid simulation code important ?
The sun is the major source that deposits plasma around the earth. Forces plasma towards the earth through solar wind.The way the morphology that processes changes over time and space can be deciphered only help computer simulations.
fluid simulation code result : (science and technology current affairs)
The results published in the Journal Physics of Plasma and found agreement spacecraft observations coherent electric field structures.
Anti-Leprosy Drug Trials started by CSIR against COVID-19
The Council of Scientific and Industrial Research drug trial conducted Mycobacterium MW.
IMPORTANT FACT :-
- Mycobacterium MW heat killed bacteria tried different COVID-19 patients.
- The drug trial approved by the Drug Controller General of India.
- The drug has already proved its effectivity against leprosy.
- CSIR are trying to phytopharmaceuticals
Phytopharmaceuticals :The Phytopharmaceuticals are herbal medicines
Mycobacterium MW? (science and technology current affairs)
Mycobacterium MW is a strain of mycobacterium. It is a non-pathogenic, non-specific immune potentiating, rapidly growing atypical mycobacterium. This strain of bacteria shares a common T and B cell determinants with Mycobacterium tuberculosis and Mycobacterium leprae.
The heat killed bacteria induces T-cell responses. This induces the responses of the cells against tumor cells as well.
Ber-D prevents the generation of reactive oxygen species (ROS) and rescues biomacromolecules from oxidative damage.
30 April 2020 Current Affairs:Scientists from Jawaharlal Nehru Centre For Advanced Scientific Research (JNCASR) have modified the structure of Berberine into Ber-D to use as an Alzheimer’s inhibitor. Berberine is a natural and cheap product similar to curcumin, available commercially.
- The scientist selected isoquinoline natural product berberine found in India and China and used in traditional medicine and other applications.
- Berberine’s poor solubility and toxicity to cells, it modified into Ber-D.
- Ber-D prevents the generation of reactive oxygen species (ROS) and rescues biomacromolecules from oxidative damage.
- Ber-D inhibits aggregations of metal-dependent and independent Amyloid beta (Aβ).the peptides of amino acids crucially involved in Alzheimer’s disease as the main component of the amyloid plaques found in the brains of people with Alzheimer’s disease.